About Positive Legacy
Positive Legacy is a 501(c)(3) charity organization committed to integrating live music and service by taking actions that positively impact people and the environment in the communities that we visit.
As we travel the globe we strive to transcend cultural boundaries by learning about the needs, hopes and dreams of the communities we visit while taking action to connect with the residents and be of service to them. Positive Legacy works to develop service activities that music fans and musicians can participate in to bring a deeper sense of purpose to their entertainment and travel experiences. Do your part to “Leave a Positive Legacy.” Information on outreach projects will be announced throughout the year. For more information, please visit the Positive Legacy Website.
We are pleased to present you with our 2015 Annual Report. 2015 was yet another amazing year for Positive Legacy, we’d like to thank each and every one of you for your participation in Leaving a Positive Legacy. With your help we were able to:
- Over $119,665 expended on Program Services and over 5,700 hours from Board, volunteers and other team members to support operations and event activities
- $15,433 grant to the Oracabessa Foundation, Jamaica for youth development programs in Jamaica
- $11,630 to support Camp Southern Ground for their operations in partnership with the Zac Brown Band
- $9,400 for school improvements in Campamento Hidalgo, Mexico
- $9,000 to Trees, Water & People, allowing us to offset 900 tons of carbon dioxide
- 60+ cases of school, medical, clothing and other supplies for residents in Veron, Dominican Republic and Puerto Morelos, Mexico
- Assisted with school improvement projects with Castaway with Southern Ground and Panic en la Playa Cinco Day of Service & Celebration in Tulum, Mexico
- Dominican Holidaze Day of Service guests visited a reef restoration project in Veron, Dominican Republic
- Planted and upgraded community gardens with Strings & Sol and Closer to the Sun Day of Service & Celebration at the Flora y Fauna Community Gardens in Puerto Morelos, Mexico